Kaikōura Helicopters - Coastal Whale Watch flight
- Duration: 50 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Kaikoura, New Zealand
- Product code: coawhawat
If you cannot see the departure time you would prefer, please email email@example.com or call us on +64 3 319 6609 for more availability.
This flight combines the best of both worlds.
Only by helicopter can you aerial whale watch one minute then be landing on a hilltop high above Kaikōura's unique and rugged coastline in the next.
- Land above Goose Bay at our exclusive landing site over looking Hikurangi Marine Reserve and Kaikōura Canyon.
- From the landing site you will see north along the coast to the peninsula, mouth to the Haumuri Bluff, west past the rolling green hills to the Kaikōura Seaward ranges.
- When the whales are close to shore, it is possible to spot their spouts as they breathe and the splashing from dolphins jumping.
Approx 50 minute flight
Minimum numbers apply. Minimum adult passenger numbers apply for flight to depart.
Kaikōura Helicopters supports Project Jonah, a registered charity existing for one simple reason – to help marine mammals in desperate need. Their vision is to create a world where these animals are respected and protected. Project Jonah has pioneered whale rescue techniques, and has shared this technology and expertise with the rest of the world. Kaikōura Helicopters actively support Project Jonah with funding and welcome our guests to have the option to donate as well when paying for their helicopter trip.Thank you. https://www.projectjonah.org.nz/
Aircraft used is at the discretion of Kaikōura Helicopters
Minimum per person fares are required for flights to depart
Infants aged 0 to 2 years old fly free of charge on a paying adults lap.
Full terms and conditions can be found on https://gchaviation.com/terms/kaikoura-terms/
Te reo Māori words
Waka Topatopa - Helicopter
Tohorā - Whale
Rere - To Fly
Moana - Sea
Whenua - Land
Hīra - Seal
Ahoaho - Hectors Dolphin
Tiro - View
Raenga Kūiti - Peninsula
Aotearoa - New Zealand